Saturday, June 13, 2009

Underwater City People and The Shakers at El Cid



El Cid with Underwater City People and The Shakers. This was a Rob Z night at El Cid. These nights are always special because everyone knows everyone else. Underwater City People was the first band of the night. I invited some friends for the night. They got there before me and I guess they initially thought that no one was around. When we went inside El Cid there was a decent number of folks for UCP and a friend said, “There are a lot of people here.” The emphasis being on “are.” And she continued, “Are they all here for Underwater City People?” I looked around and said, “It looks like it.”

The Shakers were up next. This was the second time around that I saw them. Jodie has a voice that screams in tune. Chris on guitar just can’t stop moving his legs. He does the jitterbug dance during the whole set. It’ll be fun seeing how this band develops over the next few months and years.

No comments: