Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Amusement Parks on Fire at Echoplex

A friend of mine suggested checking out Kevin Bronson's BuzzBands.LA show at the Echoplex. Of the night, the band I most loved was Amusement Parks On Fire. The band's style is called shoegaze. I suppose this is correct, because throughout their set you're hit with a wall of sound: electronic guitars, bass, keyboards. It is just this beautiful sound that rocks your body. I loved this band from the start of their set. When it ended, people called out for an encore, but unfortunately they were finished for the night.

I suspect their set was cut short by a song. Towards the end of their set, the bass player busted one of his strings. He went scurrying around trying to find another bass -- I'm suspecting his own -- but none was too be found. He made a call out to one of the other bands to lend him a bass. Eventually someone from another band came to his help.

Photographers galore were around. If you want to see some hot photos of the night check out Kevin Bronson's blog site. Or here are some of my less worthy pics of the night.



No comments: