Monday, June 29, 2009

Dizzy Balloon at the Viper Room

Off to the Viper Room I went to catch my friends in The Shakers. Their set started at 8 p.m. A really early start time. Of course, there were six bands or so playing. I have to say that their sets are getting tighter.





I didn't stay for all six bands. I did catch one band; however, that I figured I'd highlight, Dizzy Balloon. This band came down from Oakland. They're a band that I initially wasn't blown away by, but as their set progressed I got more into it. An interesting story was told by the lead singer, "I was on Southwest Airlines, heading to Oakland. I sat by a lawyer and a young lady. I asked the guy what he did. He told me he was a lawyer. I told him I was in a band. He said that that was cool and that I was young. The young lady then asked me, 'You said you're in a band, what band?' I said, 'We're a small band, you probably heard of us. My band's name is Dizzy Balloon.' She replied, 'My friend just gave me your CD!!!' That was just a cool thing to happen and she's in the audience tonight." She was indeed, dancing her heart away



No comments: