Thursday, June 18, 2009

Awful awful sports dream

Here's an awful dream I had a month or so ago.

The dream starts with the Pittsburgh Steelers playing the Cleveland Browns. I am watching the beginning of the game. I then need to leave for some reason. I come back to the television and learn that the Steelers lost the game. Next up: the Duke Blue Devils. They're playing some unknown team -- definitely not a Carolina or UCLA quality team. They're missing all their three point shots. Everything is missing. They get five or six chances at various three point shots, but nothing will go in. There are air balls, balls going off the backboard. Duke losses that one. Ouch. Then since I was watching the Duke game, I missed the LA Lakers game. So I go online to see what the score of that game was. A loss.

I woke up -- very depressed. For a few moments there, I didn't feel like going to work.

In reality: I had a really good sports year. Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl. And the LA Lakers just won the NBA Championship. Okay, so Duke didn't go as far as I'd hoped for in March Madness. Over-all though, when two of your three favorite teams reach the pinnacle, what can you complain about?

No comments: