Sunday, April 17, 2011

Prince at the Forum: Thursday night, April 14th

A friend got tickets to see Prince.  I was in . . . and at only $25.  Sorry for those who read my blog on a regular basis.  I usually have photos, but I wasn't sure of the photo policy at the Forum so I didn't bring in a camera.

As for the concert, it was a wonderful 3 hours and 30 minutes.  That's right, 3 hours and 30 minutes.  After about 2.5 hours, there was a break and than we got about an hour of encores.

Favorite song of the night:  Raspberry Beret.  


I wish he'd sung Diamonds and Pearls.  


Two twin dancers were very stunning.

Quote 1:  Now you call someone and tell them this is the coolest party in town.

Quote 2:  This is an abstinence arena.  (The LA Times has this as:  This is an abstinence ring.  I suppose that makes sense.  Of course, the Forum is also a church, so what I heard also makes sense.  I might give more creed to the LA Times quote.)

Quote 3:  No you don't, I'll get pregnant from that song.

A couple reviews from Rolling Stone and LA Times.

No comments: