Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dreams: Castles and Shoes

So this dream went all over the place. It started out with me at a sporting goods store looking for a pair of shoes. I couldn’t find what I wanted and kept on going around and around the store. I then noticed that off in the distance there seemed to be another rack of shoes. So I headed towards it. Now this distance covered wasn’t filled with other product. Instead it was an empty space of perhaps 50 yards. I came across a couple guys playing with YoYos. One was doing really well with various tricks, the other having a bit of trouble (but still doing far more advance tricks than I could ever accomplish). The one who was doing better yelled out, “Patience.” I wasn’t sure if he was saying this to me or to the other guy. Anyways, I continued on and soon found that the rack of shoes was a big mirage. I then entered that part of the dream where you get this feeling that if you continue on in a certain direction you’ll never get back to the sporting goods store. I continued on. I had a brief view of where the shoes rack mirage was and the store in the distance and then my dream moved on.

My next part of the dream took place in a castle of sorts. A small group of friends and I were off to 1) escape 2) save a friend. Both missions were essentially the same, because the evil castle lords knew we had to escape along a certain path and so held our friend there in order to capture us all at once. Well, they did indeed, even though we tried our best to try and figure out a “capture the flag” type move. We were brought to a courtyard where we were to be strung up, but for some reason many of them got distracted. We fought with our captures. The one who held me had a syringe needle filled with green poison. I was able to get a hold of it and stab him with it instead. He struggled, but no one came to help him as they were all mesmerized by some other force. All my friends started running for their freedom. For some reason, I yelled out some story to the guy I had stabbed with the needle, something about reminding him of this fairy tale of a girl who could sing. Apparently, this fairy tale was related to my friend, because she began to sing. We ran towards our escape, no one following, and then I woke up.

No comments: