Monday, April 11, 2011

The Hectors and The Lonely Wild at La Brie's

It was off to La Brie's to catch The Lonely Wild and The Hectors.

I walked over to La Brie's, which is close enough to my home.  I caught about half of The Hectors set.  For some reason, I think I saw them awhile back at The Airliner.  Up next was one of my favorite bands from last year, The Lonely Wild.  One of their vocalists, Jennifer, was off in New York and so they had a fill-in.  I wasn't sure how this would impact my experience, but I'll say they still gave one great set.  Their sound has shifted since I last saw them.  Previously, I found The Lonely Wild to have an understated beauty to their music.  Those strands are still there, but now some of their songs have a rock-kicking drive.  Still works wonders.  I swear by the end of April, I hope La Brie's is packed.  

The Hectors





The Lonely Wild








No comments: