Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Mots Nouveaux, Jen Foster and Cahn & Yang at Hotel Cafe

It was off to Hotel Cafe to catch The Mots Nouveaux. While there I caught the back end of Jen Foster and the front end of Cahn and Yang.  I only got to catch the last couple songs of Jen Foster.  She had the audience in her hands.  The place was packed and I could get any decent photos.  She had an interesting story.  She sent out a tweet saying she'd burn a CD for folks if they'd send in $10.  She got 500 such requests plus they bought a whole lot of other stuff and so a whole lot of money came in from that one tweet. Good for her.  Artists do need to make a living some how.  I was able to maneuver my way closer to the stage for The Mots Nouveaux.  Below are some photos from the new camera I just recently purchased.  In fact, these are the first band photos that I took from that camera.  The camera was so recently purchased that I barely even knew how to work it.  In fact, I still don't really know how to use it -- reading  through the directions to understand all the different buttons.  This was probably the third time I saw The Mots Nouveaux.  They get better all the time.  Aaron and Emma's vocals just work wonders together.  To end the night, I caught a little of Cahn and Yang.  There are few male lead singers who know how to work the microphone stand like their lead.

The Mots Nouveaux











Cahn & Yang





No comments: