Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Santa Anita Race Track: Friday, February 19th

Off to the Santa Anita Race Track I went on Friday, February 19th. I'd mentioned that I go to the race track every so often to a couple friends awhile back. They wanted to come along. Due to the constant winter storms and work (of course), I wasn't able to take them to the track until this Friday. (I was owed a comp day from work so heading to the track on Friday didn't reduce my vacation days.)

One friend, unfortunately had to back out, but my other friend and I headed out.

One bad thing: I was hoping it would be a nice warm day. I was constantly checking the weather report throughout the week. As you can see from the pictures below, cloud storms hovered. It didn't rain (the clouds did burst in the evening), but it was chilly.

The big thing, of course, is how did my betting go? Lost money, again. I did get some winners in half the races. So my methodology of picking horses seems to have some success, but not enough to make me money. I did switch from making trifecta bets to exacta bets. I almost came in victorious on an exacta bet (didn't even notice this until writing this blog) for the second race. I went with Changing and Craig's Storm for first and second. Craig's Storm came in third. Interestingly, I also placed a bet for Fight On to come in third, he came in second. If only I'd switched Craig's Storm with Fight On, I would have walked away with some money for the day. That is life.

My friend doesn't bet so I created a fictional betting game with her. She kicked my butt. We both lost money; however, in this fictional world of betting.






No comments: