Sunday, February 14, 2010

Duke Basketball vs. Maryland: 77-56

This game belonged to Duke from about the five minute mark onwards. Midway through the second half, Maryland put together a run with the help of Greivis Vasquez, but Duke eventually turned back the run after Maryland got within ten.

I wouldn't say the game had much suspense. I think one could tell that Duke was going to win this one.

Highlights:

Brian Zoubek, of course. 16 points. 17 rebounds. Has he ever looked better against a quality team? Honestly, since I don't watch all the games I can't answer that, but I would suspect not. It was also great not seeing him get into immediate foul trouble.

Greivis Vasquez got 17 points. I believe he got over half of those when he put together that second half run.

Duke had a solid 8 man rotation for this game. I loved it of course. They even had Ryan Kelly out there for a brief substitution.

I liked the Zoubek/Thomas and Plumlee/Plumlee substitution pattern. I wonder if they'll keep with this. It would seem to make sense to have the brothers out there together.

Jon Scheyer continued his season long spectacular play. I haven't seen all of Duke's games, but I think I've seen enough to say he's the most consistent Duke player this season.

No comments: