Thursday, February 18, 2010

A jogger and a car

I was out walking around town. I came to a crosswalk. The light was green and indicated that pedestrians could walk. I started to cross the street. I noticed a car waiting to turn right. The guy was calmly talking on his phone, via a blue tooth. He didn't look like he was planning on making an immediate right turn. I didn't feel in any danger of getting run over by a driver not paying attention to his surroundings.

Coming towards me, also heading for the crosswalk, was a jogger. As she entered the crosswalk, she shook her fist at the driver. I looked at her thinking, "Why is she doing that? The driver is at a full stop and has been at a full stop since he came to the stoplight." I noticed the driver giving the jogger a bewildered look and I suspect he was telling the person on the other end of the phone what had just occurred.

A funny moment in Los Angeles.

No comments: