Monday, February 22, 2010

Garbaj Kaetz, Seasons, Schoenberg Knife Fight Ensemble

I had wanted to check out Ives the Band over at Silverlake Lounge, but learned they canceled.

Well, since I was out and about I figured I may as well head somewhere else to check out some music. Echo Curio is always a nice place to head towards so there I went.

First band I saw was called Garbaj Katetz. I probably only heard a couple of their songs.



Next up was Seasons, but only part of the band. This was the most intriguing band of the night for me. Okay, so I only saw "2/5" of the band, but the music was lovely. I'll have to try and catch them another time.

Comment: The keyboardist to the guitarist, "I need to see your hands."

Noticed: One of their friends took out a tambourine. The tambourine had the hands of Jesus on it.







Schoenberg Knife Fight Ensemble was the last band I saw. Just from the name, one would think experimental pounding rock music. I suppose this is what I got. I will say I got into the music. Great set. My one thing, I'm not sure I buy into the lead singer's persona, a 12-year old girl mixed with a bit of a dolt, act. I did find their band attire interesting. A hard rocker. A preppy 80s guy.

Comment one: From one of the band members waiting for the bathroom to open up, talking to his band mates, "You're called Schoenberg Knife Fight? Are you guys being ironic."

Noticed: For many of the songs, the guys in the band played with their eyes closed. After one song, all the cymbals went flying in various directions. During the last song, the keyboardist was pounding away like Schoenberg.

Check this band out. Yes, there is a negative comment above, but that's just an observation on the stage presence. The music rocks.





No comments: