Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hitting a minor milestone: 1,000 page views

I admit my blog is one of the least read blogs on the Internet . . . but then this is why I figure I should highlight hitting a minor milestone. I've reached 1,000 page views.

I started this blog up in October 2007, but I didn't take it seriously until this year. Of my slightly over 1,000 page views, close to 75% occurred in 2009.

Here are the current top page views:

1. 150 page views going directly to the blog.

2. 117 page views for a blog called "Toonerville Gang gives Glendale/Los Angeles the middle finger."

3. 53 page views for a blog called "Spider Problem @ Juanita's (Highland Park)."

4. 43 page views for a blog called "Pittsburgh Steelers v. Cincinnati Bangles."

5. 24 page views for a blog called "Drew Street (Avenues) Gang: bastion torn down."

Unfortunately for some reason, I misspelled Bangals in that football blog. Interestingly, the Steelers blog was one I wrote back in 2007 and yet it ranks as one of the most read -- maybe because people caught the misspelling and found it amusing?

The two gang blogs seem to get reads every time various gangs make the headlines in Los Angeles.

I am pleased that at least one music blog made the top five page views.

Hopefully, I keep blogging. Next milestone checkmark is 5,000 -- if I remember.

No comments: