Thursday, May 28, 2009

Earth: Movie Review

I’m guessing I must be anti-nature. I saw Earth at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood. First, starting off with a positive spin, it was an interesting experience at El Capitan Theatre. There was a brief animal show with a fox, porcupine, alligator and lynx (or some manner of animals that are similar in nature – I’ve forgotten the exact animals.) As for the movie itself, I found it a tad boring. It wasn’t totally boring to the core, because there were moments that tugged at your heart. I found myself feeling sorry that the (SPOILER) father polar bear died. I was sad that an elephant got jumped by ten or so lions – what an ugly way to meet your end. Of course, I probably would have felt bad if the polar bear had killed a walrus or if an elephant had stomped on a lion (I wonder if elephants stomp on lions at times.) It wasn’t a long movie, but after awhile I just wanted it to end. If that is how I feel about a movie, I tend to describe a movie like that as a tad boring that failed to keep my interest.

Note: I mentioned to some friends that elephants must be really stupid animals. There is that scene where the elephant gets attacked by lions. If you have a defensive perimeter set up and you know there are lions, why would you leave the safety of that perimeter? A friend replied that the whole story wasn’t told. That elephant was a late arriver. Apparently, Earth is partially recycled from a television miniseries called Planet Earth. So maybe elephants aren’t stupid. I apologize to the elephants for questioning their intelligence.

No comments: