Saturday, February 14, 2009

Encounter with a car full of Jehovah's Witnesses

I was out exercising this morning, walking around my neighborhood. I was walking up a hillside road when a white Acura drove pass and then stopped alongside the road. There were three individuals inside the car and I saw them talking with each other. I figured they were lost and that I was about to be asked for directions. As I came up to the car, the driver came out -- dressed in a suit, likely in his 50s with a smile on his face. "So what street are they hoping to locate," I thought. The driver asked me a question, in Spanish, I believe. I said, "What?" He then said something like, "I have something here for you to read. It will help you in life." I looked down at his extended hand and saw a Jehovah's Witness pamphlet. I replied, "No thank you. Come on, dude, I'm exercising right now." He called after me as I continued walking, "You need to exercise your mind, as well."

I didn't look back. The first thought that came to my mind (admittedly not very Christian) was: Asshole. I wonder how many people Jehovah's Witnesses convert by stopping people in the middle of their exercise routines?

No comments: