Sunday, May 1, 2016

Transviolet and Freedom Fry at The Satellite

Transviolet
I have to admit that I decided to see Transviolet for the second time during their April residency, because I wanted to capture some cool photos of lead singer Sarah jumping off the bass drum -- I'm not totally satisfied with the two shots I took.

Yet, I walked away a huge fan. Their music infuses your body with a sense of total freedom. And Sarah sings with such passion. Also, I love the fact that during Freedom Fry's set, for much of the set she was the sole person standing right up front. You've got to love someone who is out supporting fellow musicians and doesn't care if no one else is joining her.

Noticed: I believe Sarah's relatives were in the audience -- I'm thinking mother and grandmother. Anyways, they were singing along to various songs.

Freedom Fry opened up for Transviolet. Marie Seyrat and Bruce Driscoll are the duo of this band along with a couple backup musicians. There is this near tender interaction between these two musicians that also influences their music. Looking through their bio, I learned the two are married, which makes perfect sense.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: