Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Keif Season, Alyeska and DYGL at The Smell

Alyeska
I was getting that itch to check out The Smell. So on a Friday night, I walked in at 9:15 p.m. and Keif Season had just started their set. The place was packed. It was also mosh pit city, which meant that someone like me was forced to the side. And there was some directed stage dives, as well. Young punk rock excitement ran through their set.

Alyeska (Alaska Reid) comes across as a rather contemplative teenager. Yet, when a band member from Keif Season started a brief mosh pit, I couldn't help but notice that a small smile crossed her face. Throughout her set, guys were screaming out, "I love you." Her response, "I love you too, except for whoever pissed on the toilet seat." I'm not sure if she's a Smell product. I noticed she's also played The Hi Hat. But if she is, she might be coming out as the next Kitten and The Aquadolls.

DYGL arrived from Japan. They had some issues setting things up. The microphones just didn't seem to want to cooperate. Interesting enough, I do believe all their punk/garage rock songs are in English.

After that, I headed off to Highland Park to check out the Plant Food For People food truck. I got myself a vegan taco. As I was walking back to my car, I was thinking, "Wow." Not just the food, but also the night at The Smell.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: