Friday, May 27, 2016

Barb Wire Dolls and Bad Cop/Bad Cop at Whisky a Go Go

Barb Wire Dolls
It was off to the Sunset Strip for the first time since the last time I saw Barb Wire Dolls. Yep, this band can get me to do the 45 minute drive to the Sunset Strip. Their lead singer Isis Queen gave the audience what they wanted, thirty minutes of punk rock vocals and stage show theatrics. They were doing a music video and so guitarist Pyn Doll started the show by announcing the necessary legal statement. Ha ha. I love how this band does things by the book.

Bad Cop/Bad Cop opened up for Barb Wire Dolls. I was worried I'd miss them as traffic to the Sunset Strip was bad. I made it and I'm happy I did. They were the perfect punk band to open for Barb Wire Dolls. Their mission statement has to be what they said during their set, "Life as a punk rocker." This band knows how to do a back foot stomp. This was also their record release party. The person on their record cover is one of the band mates' roommate. The roommate looks to be in his 60s, but he still knows how to join in on a mosh pit.

One has to say this about the Sunset Strip: bands on the Sunset Strip know how to entertain.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: