Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Alberta Cross with Sky White Tiger and Grand Canyon at The Satellite

Alberta Cross
Sometimes a band happens across your Instagram account. That was the case of Alberta Cross. So what did I do? I sent an e-mail to Press Here Publicity asking if I could get a photo pass. They were happy to do so. I, as well as a packed Satellite, was treated with an 1 hour 15 minute set. His rock-folk was very addictive. He was joined on stage by a member of Grand Canyon who played the steel guitar and Sky White Tiger's Louis Schwadron who played the French horn along with other musicians. I say "he" as Alberta Cross is Petter Ericson Stakee with friends.

Opening for Alberta Cross was Sky White Tiger and Grand Canyon. Sky White Tiger had hair like Kenny G and was joined by two ladies dressed in white. The two ladies in their white dresses reminded me of the sisters in Dracula movies. They would spend their time in avant garde motions as Sky White Tiger went with his pop sounds.

Grand Canyon went with vocal harmonies that reminded me of those days when I was at summer camp. Someone always knew how to play a guitar and we'd all sing songs around the camp fire. Listening to Grand Canyon makes you want to pack up and head off to Arizona, making sure you drag along a friend who knows how to play the guitar.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: