Friday, December 30, 2011

He's My Brother, She's My Sister at Harvard & Stone

It was off to Harvard and Stone to catch He's My Brother, She's My Sister.  Before going to Harvard and Stone, I wanted to know when they planned to hit the stage.  I went to their facebook page and I saw that they planned to go on at 11 p.m. sharp.  I figured that in "musician talk" that meant 11:30 p.m., but I decided to show up at 10:45 p.m. just in case.  And would you know it, they started right at 11 p.m.

They performed two sets Thursday night.  I only stayed for the first set -- I'm one of those folks that goes to bed way too early.  Their first set was just over 30 minutes.  And it was a beautiful set.  Tap dancing.  Bass thumping.  Brother-Sister pairing.  And an enthusiastic crowd.  What more can one want -- other than the ability to stay out longer to catch a second set, so so sad I wasn't able to do so.  I hope them the best on their upcoming tour.  I'll be sure to catch them when they come back to Los Angeles.

No comments: