Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hank and Cupcakes, The Mo-odds and FIM at Los Goblos

At Los Gobles, FIM, The Mo-odds and Hank and Cupcakes played. This was my first time seeing FIM. The Mo-odds rocked it as always. The interesting find for the night was Hanks and Cupcakes.  They’re from New York, which immediately reminded me of Matt and Kim.  Both have a female drummer who draws you in with their charisma. Well, okay, Matt plays keys and Hank plays bass. I guess I should just say that they are both from the New York area and are two piece bands and both bands make you want to dance and both bands make me wonder about how cool it might be to hang out in New York for a month to catch its local music scene. Though I will admit there was not a ton of dancing at Los Gobles, but I blame it on the weather. Yes, we were inside at Los Gobles, but it was still freezing. I think everyone had iced up and weren’t able to give Hank and Cupcakes the Los Angeles welcome they deserved. My suggestion to Hank and Cupcakes: I think you should play Club Moscow.  I'm betting the audience would love you there (not that we didn't love you at Los Gobles).

FIM



The Mo-odds



Hank and Cupcakes

No comments: