Monday, January 3, 2011

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cleveland Browns: 41-9

So for some reason I feel like I watch the Steelers either when they lose or when it is such a blow out that the network decides to switch to a more competitive game.

I saw this game till about the midway point of the 3rd.

Some notes:

Troy Polamalu comes back and makes an interception on Cleveland's first drive.

Also, with Troy back, they didn't seem to fall for all those trick plays that seemed to catch them off-guard against the New York Jets. I don't know if it was because Troy was back or because they just weren't properly prepared for the Jets.

And as soon as Troy Polamalu makes the interception, Ben Roethlisberger throws 56-yard TD pass to Mike Wallace.

I think it was Dan Fouts who said Cleveland should have gone for the touchdown early in the second quarter. I agree. Why not? It is your last game of the season.

The Steelers were on an inception spree in the first half.

It is nice that Antwaan Randle El back with the Steelers. The trick plays are back.

No comments: