Sunday, January 23, 2011

Derby Dolls Ri-Ettes vs. Team Legit: 96-125

A little disappointed that one of my favorite derby dolls, Laguna Beyatch, was out sick.

One has to say cheers to Cecilia from Team Legit. One has to admit she is unreal as a jammer. Her footwork was shocking. She'd do this walking thing and then suddenly switch to full skate speed. I couldn't see the whole track as I was on the floor, but there were moments where on the far end she'd be in the rear and by the time the pack came back in view she'd had broken through and you were like, "How did she do that?"

The Dollyrots played the half time show. A great short set. There was a group of Dollyrots fans. I think like myself there was a special incentive to go to this specific roller derby.

Anyways, this match stayed close for the first three quarters and then it was over. Cecilia played the mercy card during the last jam and didn't run up the score even worse than the 125-96 margin.

No comments: