Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A day at the Santa Anita Race Track

To close out 2010, I headed on over to the Santa Anita Race Track. Burr. It was cold.

I'm not a big better so in total I only lost $10. I could have gotten close to break even; however, if I hadn't missed the first race (I was stuck a little longer than expected at the recycling center). Also, it didn't help that a horse I bet on in the 3rd race appeared to have pulled up in the last turn. Look to the Sky was making a move -- who knows if it would have won or not -- and then it pulled up. As is my normal situation, I had both a hot streak and a cold streak in my betting. I lost everything in three straight races and then made a comeback in the final four races by either making money or mitigating my loses.

As always, a fun day at the track though it could have been a little warmer.

Over-heard conversation of someone on the cell phone, "I winning races, but it is hard to make money because you make so little." So true, you probably won't make money on the horses, so you go to the track for the thrill of the finish line.









No comments: