Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Movie Review: It's Kind of a Funny Story

It's Kind of a Funny Story. Though I thought the actors in this movie did a great job (Keir Gilchrist, Emma Roberts and Zach Galifianakis), I just can’t recommend this movie. Maybe I was just too tired while watching it, it being a Sunday evening. I just don’t think the movie really went anywhere. You’re in a medical ward, you find young love, you have people with fears and mental disorders, whatever, was there really any serious story line? It just didn’t work for me. Sorry. I’m not even sure I believed that Keir Gilchrist and Emma Roberts really liked each other – even though if I were Craig (Keir Gilchrist), I’d be head over heels in love with Noelle (Emma Roberts). And for some reason, I just didn’t buy the friendship that developed between Craig and Bobby (Zach Galifianakis).

No comments: