Thursday, January 20, 2011

Belle Brigade, The Fling and Francisco the Man at Spaceland/Satellite

It was off to Spaceland/Satellite to see the dual residency bands of The Fling and The Belle Brigade. I also caught part of Francisco the Man. I knew there was going to be a line to get into Spaceland/Satellite. I'd seen it while driving by the previous Monday at 10 p.m. I just didn't realize I'd be waiting in line at 9:15 p.m. I did get to catch about half of Francisco the Man's set.

The Belle Brigade gave one cool set. At first, I wasn't totally into the music, but as soon as thier lead singer start bouncing all over the stage, I was sold. Just before one song, they invited a friend to model their t-shirts. He went up and then decided to stick around for one song to provide some interpretative dancing. He just stood there for about a minute, but than when the lead singer decided to dance with him, he went wild and the crowd went wild with him.

Of the times I've been to Spaceland on a Monday night, this felt like the first time the place has been "sold out" for awhile. The Fling and The Belle Brigade do have a following.

Francisco the Man





The Fling









Belle Brigade









No comments: