Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lucy Schwartz and The Fling at Satellite/Spaceland

If was off to Satellite/Spaceland to check out Lucy Schwartz and The Fling.

A friend and I are big fans of Lucy Schwartz and so it was a guarantee that we were heading out to Satellite on a recent Monday night.

Comment one: I see I have some werewolf friends out there tonight.

Comment two (after singing Graveyard): Thank you for the spooky light show.

Interesting note it that she grew up with the Belle Brigade siblings.

I do believe she won over the crowd. Of course, I'm not sure how she couldn't.

A couple of the members from Raining Jane backed her up on stage. And I guess you could say the audience played the backup role for one song.

I stuck around for The Fling. As my friend noted, they have a late 70s sound. They rocked the last three songs of their set.

I wasn't able to stick around for Belle Brigade, but as we were leaving Satellite there was one long line of folks wanting to get inside. I'm not sure all of them made it inside. Based on my previous visit to Satellite, they are well worth seeing.


Lucy Schwartz









The Fling





No comments: