Thursday, October 21, 2010

Twilight Sleep and Wet & Reckless at Silverlake Lounge

After seeing Wait. Think. Fast. at Spaceland, I sped on over to Silverlake Lounge to catch Wet & Reckless. I didn't think I'd catch Twilight Sleep as they were scheduled to go on at the same time as Wait. Think. Fast., but luckily for me I probably only missed one song of Twilight Sleep. I say this band gets better every time I see them.

I started way in the back when arriving at Silverlake Lounge, but was slowly able to maneuver my way to the front during Twilight Sleep. For Wet & Reckless I was right up front. The bassist, Jessica, had her parents in the audience. She teased them that when Wet & Reckless was on tour the band tore up their house (parents were out of town). The lead singer, Emily, looks at the parents and mouthed, "No, we didn't." In regards to the lead singer, for some reason she looks very familiar. I spent some time trying to place her, but unfortunately I can't. Oh well, maybe it'll come to me some day. Wet & Reckless doesn't seem to be a band that would result in a mosh pit, but I got tossed around a little bit. All in good fun.

Noticed: A guy flirting with a girl and returning to another girl who seemed to be his girlfriend, because there was some talking going on there.

Twilight Sleep


Wet & Reckless





No comments: