Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Movie Review: The Town

The Town. I have to say I really enjoyed this movie. This is a rather standard crime story with few twists and yet it just happened to hold my attention. I wouldn’t say this movie has much suspense to it. You sort of know what is going to happen. I suppose there are only two issues of suspense. First, will the girlfriend (Claire) turn in her bank robber boyfriend (Doug)? Second, will the gang of robbers pull off the final big heist? On the other hand, there are some cool chase scenes and gun battles.

My one issue here (SPOILERS) is the relationship between Claire and Doug. Claire eventually finds out that Doug in the individual who robbed her bank. He’s also the individual who kidnapped her. Now Claire does have this initial negative reaction to the news, but she obviously reconciles herself to this. Now considering that the end of the movie has a major gun battle . . . ah, Claire, your bad guy boyfriend really is a bad guy even if he does want to escape his current state in life.

No comments: