Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Lonely Wild and Insects vs. Robots at Dragonfly

It was off to Dragonfly to catch The Lonely Wild. While there I caught Insects vs. Robots. What I learned pretty quickly about Insects vs. Robots is that the guitar player is a contortionist. Flexibility. I did enjoy their set. The band is almost more like a jam session band with the music over-riding the vocals. But when the vocals do arrive, the primal haunts drive you wild. During their last song, they had folks in a trance on the dance floor.

After Insects vs. Robots it was off to the side room to catch The Lonely Wild, which started almost immediately after Insects vs. Robots ended their set. I love The Lonely Wild, but it was hard to initially get into their set. In the main room, the DJ was playing the hits and the intersection of the two sounds was irritating. Also, I was sitting next to a drum set and the snare drum kept on vibrating throughout the set. However, by the middle of their set I was able to put this all to the side and just concentrate on the music. Awe, there last few songs were divine.

Insects vs. Robots









The Lonely Wild



No comments: