Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Jail Weddings and Amanda Jo Williams at Bootleg

So it was off to Bootleg Theatre to catch Jail Weddings' CD release show. Opening for them was Amanda Jo Williams. Initially, when I walked in a young woman was up on stage. I was thinking, that sure doesn't look like Amanda Jo Williams. (Earlier in the day, I had gone to her myspace page.) And then I started to think, wasn't she part of a band I saw late last year, Venus Illuminato? Well, two photos are below. I'm not 100 percent sure about it, but I do believe I am correct. Anyway, the young woman on stage was not Amanda Jo Williams. As for Amanda Jo Williams, she has a very distinct voice, vocal style.

Comment. Amanda Jo Williams, "Okay, we'll do 'Sunlight.'" Venus Illuminato look-a-like or actual person, "Yeah."

After her set was finished, I got into a conversation with a young woman. I asked if she was in a band. She said yes. My problem at the moment is that I can't find the band on the Internet. I believe she said her band name was Dead by Dawn. Of course, it could have been Dead at Dawn or Dead before Dawn. If someone comes across this blog and knows the answer, leave a band link.

This was Jail Weddings' night, of course. A couple of my friends showed up, both newbies to Jail Weddings. I hope they enjoyed the set. They spent enough time dancing so I suspect they did. In fact, the front of the stage was turned into a swing dancing mosh pit. Rather cool. And it was fun seeing folks dressing up '20s style.

Side note: So I used flash in these photos. It looks like the Bootleg Theatre is cracking down on flash photography as I noticed the security guy going into the crowd and talking to people about the use of flash. It looks like one of these days soon I'll need to invest in a better camera so that I won't be so reliant on flash photography.

Amanda Jo Williams





Venus Illuminato



Jail Weddings







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

little brown haired girl, yes, you are right, same girl from venus illuminato. don't know if she is still in that band. the blonde girl who was also doing percussion is in sunday's soundtrack and dead by dawn. amanda jo williams is awesome, super awesome. the percussion girls are pretty but kind of not necessary...