Saturday, October 16, 2010

Shadow Shadow Shade, Eastern Conference Champions and Lesands at Echoplex

It was off to the Echoplex to catch Shadow Shadow Shade, Eastern Conference Champions and Lesands.

While watching Lesands, I couldn't help but think about angles. I suppose it was driven by how the lead singer moved on stage. I enjoyed their set and set things up for a wonderful evening. Eastern Conference Champions came up next. Who couldn't help but like this band? I typed out on Twitter my thoughts: One must marvel at how great this band is. They also had the comment of the night: This is our first time playing here. Can you tell? Next time we'll bring a drum weight. During their first couple songs, they were having issues with the bass drum inching forward across the stage. Shadow Shadow Shade was the headliner of the night, it was their CD release party. This was my first time seeing Shadow Shadow Shade. My first reaction was that I'd seen the female vocalist in another band. Next, I was thinking they were okay, but nothing big. As their set went on, my opinion began to change. I really do like this band was my next thought. One of the best things about this band is how the female singer's vocals sneak up on you. I bought their CD and took it for a couple spins at work the next day -- well, ripped it to my hard drive and listened from there. A fusion of sound.

Lesands


Eastern Conference Champions




Shadow Shadow Shade



No comments: