Tuesday, August 4, 2009

No Doubt on Sunday August 2nd, Irvine

For those who've come across my music blogs, you know the standard which is . . . here's some photos and a column will show up on intraffik.com in a month. (If you've never been to this blogsite than you have no clue what I'm talking about; however, you should check out intraffik.com if you have the time.) Well, that's true in this case as well, though I'm being slightly more wordy than in previous heads-ups-about-upcoming-intraffik-column blogs . . .

First off, we missed the first band, which I regret because I really did want to see them. We also missed about a third of Paramore set which I found really sad because I really really wanted to see their whole set.

We did get to see two-thirds of Paramore; however. And they rocked it.




To end their set, you can see below a number of costume characters.



Then up came No Doubt. The next two photos are shots of the projector screen.






I think the below is actually a rather good shot of the stage. The security guards were tight on the cameras. When walking towards the gates, I saw a woman carrying back her camera -- a non SLR camera. I made a comment to my friend. The woman heard me and replied, "No large cameras allowed." My camera I guess didn't look that large to the security guy. Unknown to him, my camera is far better than that woman's camera -- though obviously not SLR quality.



Another stage shot. Zoomed in so it didn't come out as solid.



This shot is towards the end of their set.



Awesome cool. No Doubt, during the encore three song set, had the two other lead singers come on stage to help with Stand and Deliver.


What a night. Gwen and gang delivered an awesome 1.5 hour set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hell yeah. That's a was one great concert! I still remember it as it was yesterday. BTW, do you think Gwen went "commando"? She was wearing those white pants so dangerously low... :)