Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tamaryn and The Ravonettes @ Troubadour

I took off to the Troubadour to catch Tamaryn and The Ravonettes.  This is obviously a little dated, but see below some photos from this awesome show.  I saw Tamaryn about a year and a half ago when she did a show over at the Bootleg.  That night was an interesting set filled with smoke machines and a dedicated fan base.  For this night, the smoke machines were gone, but that didn't lessen the impact of her music -- a set that hooked me in from the start.  The Ravonettes went with the smoke machine theme and played in front of a packed Troubadour.

Interesting side:  After The Ravonettes set, a young lady jumped up on stage to try and grab a set list that was taped to the floor.  She was quickly chased off.  The set list was than handed to someone else who was waiting in front of the stage.  As I was walking out, I happened to follow the young lady who got chased off the stage:  I'm a real dunce.

Other interesting moments:  I ran into Queen Kwong at the door.  Cool experience.  Than as I was walking to my car, some random guy called out to me and mentioned he'd seen me at the Romper Room for a Barb Wire Dolls show.  Interesting that someone would remember me from a show that happened a few months back. 

Tamaryn







Ravonettes









No comments: