Friday, May 20, 2011

Joe Gil at Hotel Cafe

It was off to Hotel Cafe to see Joe Gil. A couple friends of mine were doing back-up for Joe Gil.  This was also the first time I was trying out a new lens, a 50mm f1.4.  The below photos aren't awesome, but they're better than my first attempt at taking photos at Hotel Cafe with my new camera.  I still say the lights are way too low to capture decent photos at Hotel Cafe.  Of course, I'm an amateur at all this.  I'm sure there are some professional photographers out there who are laughing at my opinion.  Anyways, there was one song by Joe Gil that reminded me of The Swell Season -- so high praise for his set.

Another side note, this night represented the 5th night of music in 7 days.  Crazy.  It was unintended.  Generally, I try to limit my music outings to a couple times a week.  











No comments: