Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Movie Review: Thor

Thor. I read that the small drop in weekend-versus-weekend box office was driven by families showing up on Sunday. Though I wouldn’t rank this movie anywhere close to The Dark Knight and Iron Man, I can definitely see the appeal this movie would have with parents. It is an action packed movie that shows the value of family. You have Thor (Chris Hemsworth) who is a little too self-confident and acts in a rash way (lacking in certain skills of diplomacy). He is banished by his father Odin (Anthony Hopkins) to Earth. While on Earth (though I’m not sure how he learns the following) he learns that the gray hairs on his father’s head equals wisdom (and doesn't equate to the need for his father being sent off to an old folks home). A movie that perhaps a mother and father wouldn’t mind having their young children see? I think so.

No comments: