Thursday, February 3, 2011

Duke vs St John’s: 78-93. Duke vs Maryland: 80-62.

First half of St. Johns game and second half of Maryland game.

Duke vs St John’s: 78-93
Duke vs Maryland: 80-62

I had to turn off the St John’s games. That game was just awful. My first thought at the beginning was that Mason Plumlee (I believe it was Mason) was playing some solid defense. My second thought was that Duke couldn’t by a basket. As the game progressed, my thought was where did Duke’s defense go. And after a few moments of watching the second half it was, I better just turn off the television.

I got home from work and caught the back half of Maryland. My main thought here was regarding Andre Dawkins. As mentioned in past posts, sometimes I think that guy looks lost on the court. He didn’t look so against Maryland. I thought he played well on defense and he got his shot going. I read that Tyler Thornton got the start. That is high praise for the freshman and his progress, especially since I'm betting he was considered a player who would mature in his last two years in college (behind Kyrie Irving). Also, I think that is good for Nolan Smith who doesn’t have to play point guard. As for Kyle Singler, my thought during the second half was, he has a sweet shooting stroke going.

No comments: