Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Vanaprasta, Kissing Cousins and Summer Darling at Spaceland

It was off to Spaceland to catch Vanaprasta, Kissing Cousins and the final residency night of Summer Darling.

I wish I had gone earlier in the month. Summer Darling tore it up. First up was Vanaprasta, a band I first saw at Club Moscow. They were just as active at Spaceland as they were at Club Moscow. One of the guys sent a microphone stand flying into the crowd. As it was tipping over, someone grabbed it. I believe the microphone was recording the night so there is perhaps five seconds of ruined recording there.

Kissing Cousins was next. The bassist was off from the main stage and away from the spotlights and so at one point she said to the lead singer, "I can't see you."

Comment: Jump on that silver peddle, it is buzzing weird.

It was an interesting transition from Vanaprasta to Kissing Cousins. They both rock hard, but their stage presence is totally different with Vanaprasta being very active on stage while Kissing Cousins providing an understated stage presence to their rock sound.

Summer Darling closed out the night for me. The drummer started the night off and then the rest of the band entered the stage. Their set finished way to quickly and the audience demanded one more song. It was provided. And this time, the band started with the drummer hanging back for awhile before coming on stage to help finish off the encore.

Vanaprasta









Kissing Cousins













Summer Darling









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Notes from Vivace said...

Thanks for the comment.

I'm not sure how this music entry helped with your college assignment, but I'm happy it did!!!