Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Movie Review: Predators

Predators. I heard semi decent stuff about this movie. I decided to check it out. This is a fun movie. At the start, you are drawn into the characters. And the tension and action sequences keep you engaged after that point. A question that popped up in my head was exactly who was behind the selection of these individuals. I have no real background in the Predators movies so maybe this is a naïve question. At first glance, it would seem obvious that they were selected by the Predators, but then on the other hand how would the Predators know whom specifically to select. It would almost seem to me that there is some cooperation from Earth. Maybe that is just a crazy thought.

Spoilers, perhaps . . .

There are a couple plot twists towards the end of the movie that either needed a bit more explanation or just seemed totally thrown out there from left field. The one from left field (Topher Grace's character) made sense in the context of the character’s action throughout the movie, but the scene itself made little sense to me – if that makes any sense . . .

No comments: