Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Movie Review: Inception

Inception. I’ve waited a bit before writing this review so my memory is a bit tainted by that. I found this to be a wonderfully inventive film. I was intrigued the whole time. I will admit I’m not sure that everything works out in the film in a logical way, but I've worked out some of my questions -- I think. I guess my issue in terms of logic is rather or not all the “kicks” and dream layers work together. I’m sure if I watch the movie a second time I’ll get a better feel for that. What I appreciated about the movie was the fact that they constantly reminded you of where you were at in the movie. It was over-bearing. It was just quick sentences that just helped you position yourself in the movie. The ending does leave some questions open. My opinion is that the ending is put there as a fun little teaser. See linked Yahoo article for more detail on that.

And an article about a possible generational reaction divide over at the LA Times.

No comments: