Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Red Cortez, Restavrant, and Robotanists at Bloomfest

It was off to Bloomfest for an artwalk and then some music. I can't lie, I was a bit disappointed with the artwalk. Maybe I showed up too late, 6 p.m. There were a number of galleries listed on the handout, but I only saw three that were opened. I actually ran into someone at one spot who came over and asked, "What are you here for?" "I'm here for the artwalk, but I'm not having much luck." He replied, "I'm a bit confused by all of this." Yes, it was a bit confusing. Perhaps we arrived too late, because we were the only ones around this area. Of course, perhaps it didn't help that the artwalk was spread out and in areas that perhaps folks didn't feel comfortable walking around on their own.

The last three bands of the night were pretty cool. Red Cortez, Restavrant and Robotanists. I've seen Red Cortez and Robotanists once each. Restavrant was new for me. It wasn't technically Restavrant. Just one half of the band, but that one half blew the audience away. A friend of mind told me that you pronounce the band name as Restaurant. The 'v' is a Latin (Roman) twist. Afterwards, a small crowd crowded around the single Restavrant band member. The Robotanists were the last band of the night. It was too bad that half the crowd disappeared before they went on stage. Of course, I can't blame the crowd. It was cold. I can't believe I'm saying that. It is mid-August and most of us in Los Angeles are forced to carry a jacket around if we know we're going to be hanging out at night. I even noticed a blanket being used.

Red Cortez





Restavrant





Robotanists





No comments: