Monday, August 9, 2010

Silversun Pickup, Against Me! and The Henry Clay People at the Greek Theater

It was off to the Greek Theater to catch The Henry Clay People, Against Me! and Silversun Pickup.

I don't have any pictures in this blog. I wasn't sure about the camera policy at the Greek. And since my friend and I were walking in, I didn't exactly want to get turned away at the gate and having to trudge all the way back to my car. That would have been an hour round trip walk.

My friend and I arrived on time (based on our expectations), but we only got to see half of The Henry Clay People. We were under the impression that everything started at 7:30 p.m. It appears that they started their set at 7:15 p.m. Oh well.

Against Me! was energizing to watch. They played their hit song "I Was A Teenage Anarchist" towards the middle of their set.

The main act was obviously Silversun Pickup. As soon as they got on stage, half the crowd got up from their seats. Most folks stood for their whole concert. I found their whole set very thrilling. Noticed via the large screens that Nikki Monninger was wearing red shoes, the movie 'Wizard of Oz' popped into my head. After their encores, Brian Aubert had a little fun, slowly crawling his way into the back of the stage.

If you're interested in their setlist, here's a link I found

My friend and I noticed a young lady sitting by herself. She kept on trying to get a signal for her cell phone and would occasionally disappear. We came up with a story for her. Her friend and/or date was working late. It was suggested that she just go one ahead, perhaps she wanted to see Against Me!. Her friend had to work later than expected. She, a very attractive woman, was left on her own accord. This was the last time she was ever planning on attending a concert with this specific friend.

No comments: