Saturday, June 5, 2010

Prague Vacation 2010

I recently came back from my Prague vacation. See some photos below of the beautiful city. There will be much more to read when I write up a music review on intraffik.com.

This is one of my first views of Prague -- that is, after settling into my hotel room and deciding to take a walk around the city.



Another early look at Prague.



I decided to take a walk on my first full day.



Tourist thing



Simple and calming.



So does GS stand for Goldman Sachs or something else?



Castle gates.



Listened to some classical music inside this building.



Day tripping outside of Prague. Český Krumlov.





I just love this castle. The Karlštejn Castle.



Franz Kafka statue.



The bridges of Prague.



Dvorak.



So I'm not sure if the painted eyes were meant to be part of this statue or if it was just some cool graffiti.



Troja Chateau/Villa/Palace. You cannot believe the effort it took to get to this place. First, I took the tram system (as directed by a tourist book) and went for a walk that never ended. I finally gave up. Second, the next day, I decided to take the bus (also via the tourist book), which dropped me off right in front. The tourist book was very useful in general, but the directions to this place were the worst. They should have ditched the tram directions -- or if given there should have been a footnote that read: expect to walk five miles.

No comments: