Monday, June 21, 2010

Boxcar Drifters, EZ Tiger, Spare Parts for Broken Hearts @ El Cid

It was off to El Cid to catch a Rob Z night. The first band of the night was Boxcar Drifters. I'm not sure they have a website so I'll just give you the lead singer's old band's myspace page, Present Tense. The band has a jazzy feel to it.

Next up was EZ Tiger. I believe one of the members of the band is helping out with Rock Camp for Girls. They were taking donations for the camp. I thought their song "Tiger Trance" was their best.

The final band was Spare Parts for Broken Hearts. One of the band members is Laurita from The Randies. At this point, I'm assuming The Randies are done, which is sad because I liked The Randies. If so, this is a great new band for her. From what I heard, this was only their second set ever and they were amazingly tight as a band. There was a nice carry-over from The Randies, a bass string broke. (One of my found memories is counting how many times one of The Randies broke a guitar string.) Too bad Jon from UCP wasn't around as he could have helped out -- below is one of my favorite photos. It isn't a great photo. It just shows someone helping out another with a guitar repair.



Though Jon wasn't there, EZ Tiger came to the rescue, letting Spare Parts for Broken Hearts borrow their bass.

Noticed: When seeing the Spare Parts for Broken Hearts drummer, I couldn't help but imagine her as a biker riding up the mountains of France during a leg of the Tour de France. She was attacking those drums.

Boxcar Drifters



EZ Tiger





Spare Parts for Broken Hearts











No comments: