Monday, July 13, 2009

Terminator Salvation

Terminator Salvation. First off, I liked the post-apocalypse vision of the movie. I thought the Marcus Wright character made the movie -- sorry, Christian Bale, but you took another back seat in this movie like you did in Dark Knight.


Even though I liked the post-apocalypse vision, I have mixed feelings about this movie. (Spoilers). I did not like this movie up till the gas station scene. Nukes go off and people are still living above ground in Los Angeles? I don't know about that. I guess it depends on where the nukes exploded. And that giant Terminator, smashing its hand through the roof of the gas station and grabbing two of the individuals just made me laugh. And the way that giant looked made me laugh. From that point on, I enjoyed the movie until the last scene. I didn't like how Marcus Wright gave up his heart. As mentioned, I liked Marcus Wright. To see him sacrifice himself was depressing. I'm sure the filmmakers were thinking of a sequel and I just think the Marcus Wright character would have added to any potential sequel.


Sci Fi battle between Star Trek versus Terminator. I had problems with parts of Star Trek, but I enjoyed the movie throughout. For Terminator, I hated the whole Los Angeles sequence, but enjoyed it thereafter until the last scene. I liked the post-apocalypse style of Terminator better than the re-invigorating view of the future via Star Trek. In the end, I'm giving Star Trek the over-all better marks; however, neither in my opinion ranks up there with last summer's Iron Man and Dark Knight (not sci fi movies, but just better summer movies in general).



No comments: