Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lamar Odom back with the Lakers

Lamar Odom is coming back to the Lakers!!! From the LA Times (“Lamar Odom agrees to return to Lakers,” Broderick Turner, 31 July 2009): The Lakers reached a deal to re-sign free-agent forward Lamar Odom today, retaining an important, and versatile, part of last season's championship run . . . Odom, a 6-foot-10 forward, has been a key player on the Lakers for five seasons. He became an unrestricted free agent in July. The four-year deal is worth $33 million if the Lakers exercise the final year of the contract, sources close to the negotiations said . . . Odom also had conversations with the Miami Heat about a five-year deal for $34 million, allowing him to opt out after the third season and become a free agent. Because there are no state taxes in Miami, Odom still could have made nearly as much as with the Lakers' offers.

My comments: As a fan, I’m happy. And now I’m looking forward to a possible Los Angeles vs. Cleveland series perhaps? Honestly, I don’t think it’ll happen. But I do think it possible I’m going to another Lakers parade come June 2010.

No comments: