Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sick and Robitussin

I got a harsh cold or mild flu last week. It lasted for two days. As usual, after beating back the illness, I was left with a bad cough for about five days. I went through my old bottle of Robitussin Cough & Cold CF medicine rather quickly. So I headed off to the local store to get another bottle. I eyed the various options available. I decided to go with Robitussin Cough & Cold Long-Acting. I figured I could just take it at night and just sleep the night away. The problem with CF is that I usually wake up in the middle of the night coughing away and needing another dose.

The new medicine didn't work as immediately as I thought it might, but after a bit I was gone. And was I gone!!! I woke up the next couple mornings just wanting to go back to sleep. I felt like I was in a haze most of the day. Perhaps I'm a wimp when it comes to medicine, but my opinion is that this Long-Acting medicine is rather powerful.

No comments: