Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Mulhollands and The Shakers at Fox and Hounds

I last saw The Mulhollands back in mid-April so three months had passed since I last saw them. That's a rather long time period for me to go without seeing one of my favorite local bands. With that in mind, I headed off to Fox and Hounds on Saturday night to catch their set. It also happened to be Matt's, one of the guitar players, birthday. I believe that one of the songs on their set list was written by Matt -- if I heard Sarah correctly. The set was lovely. The songs are great. It was great to see them again. There was an interesting scene come the end of their set. I noticed a guy walking in front of me and moving to the front of the "stage" area. I didn't pay much attention until I noticed people around me started to talk and point. The guy had taken down his pants. Now luckily he wasn't going commando and was wearing sportswear versus briefs, but still. Even the band had to take notice. (I'll resist posting a photo of the pant-less guy for his own sake, not that very many people ever come across this blog but who knows.)









Beforehand, The Shakers were up. As mentioned before in other blogs, this is Jodie's new project -- post Automatic Music Explosion. I was doing some photo taking. I was getting much better photos than I got when checking out their Viper Room gig. I noticed that they're looking for a bass player. Their current bass player if Jeff from Automatic Music Explosion.









No comments: