Monday, July 27, 2009

Updated: Diane Birch @ Hotel Cafe

An Update Below

I just came back from seeing Diane Birch at Hotel Cafe. A friend of mine sent out a mid-morning e-mail saying that he was planning on seeing her set and suggested that the people on his e-mail list should check her out, as well.

I won't go into her set too much, because I suspect that come mid to late August I'll have a column posted on intraffik.com about this night. Let's just say this, she has vocals that shine with beauty.

If you missed the set -- and most likely you did -- you can catch her on Jimmy Kimmel this Friday night, July 31st.

Sorry no photos. Last minute invite meant I didn't have time to bring along a camera. Anyways, here's a video from youtube.




Updated: I noticed that people are searching for Diane Birch so I figured I shouldn't leave my blog on such as tease of saying go check out intraffik.com in a month. So here's a brainstorm of quick notes about her set: Hotel Café was packed. I suspect it was as close to being sold out as possible. The age range was between 21 to 70. She rotated from piano to keys throughout much of the set, sometimes between songs; however, I thought she was most engaging when simply singing with her band. Her backup band consisted of a drummer, guitarist, bassist and trumpeter. The trumpeter added the most to her sound. She is a beauty with the focus being on her eyes. I did buy a CD from her and took it for a listen the following day. She has a very personable personality.

No comments: