Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Movie Review: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

I should state upfront that I know very little to nothing about the X-men. I've seen all the movies, but I've never read a single X-men comic book.

As for the X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie: I really enjoyed it. It gave a great introduction to the Wolverine character. What I really appreciated about the movie is that it didn't spend too much time on the background story of Wolverine before getting to the core of the story. There were a few moments spent on his childhood and then his time in the Civil War, WWI, WWII and Vietnam, but didn't overly dwell on these moments. The movie gave us a glimpse into the set-up piece and then off and running it went.

It provided some nice intrigue and plot twists -- perhaps these weren't plot twists for those who know the background of Wolverine.

I'd say this is one of the better 2009 summer movies. Dare I say, I'd rank it above Star Trek.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.